Wednesday, March 2, 2011

New Projects

Latest knitting projects while traveling down the road...Can you tell I love Floridian colors? Aqua, pinks, teals, salmon. Even my P.J's. are what I call Florida colors..You see these colors a lot in Florida, down in the keys, or on Pine Island. We saw them a lot in Galveston, TX as well, in beautiful Victorian style homes and mansions along the streets in Galveston near the harbor.

These are dishcloths. Simple patterns but it takes concentration!
I'm practicing different kinds of patterns on these dishcloths from a book just about dishcloths..great way to learn new stitches--increases, decreases,  yarnovers, etc. I'm hoping somebody might be interested in buying them when we go to our rally in Arizona the first week in March. These are made from 100% cotton yarn, and most of the yarn is Lily's Sugar and Cream, knit on size 7 knitting needles. Knitting helps me focus on something other than difficult traffic and construction while we are driving 200-400 miles a day when we pick up and move to a different location, traveling in our motor home...

Since we are staying in Arizona now for quite a while, I've signed up to do a craft show on March 27 in our RV park. This will give me a chance to see if I can make some knitted things that will sell. Going to get busy and make some unique cell phone covers and ipad covers. I've been "wool gathering" lately to try felting these covers as well...Etsy is a great place to see what people are doing in the knitting world. I saw the cutest tea cozies that had been felted and lined with print cotton on the inside...very inspiring!  I've been discovering more and more websites that have people's projects on them...love the knitting forum on Knitting Paradise....I'll have to watch myself, it would be so easy to be on the internet all day long!  Until next week.....

No comments:

Post a Comment