Thursday, October 11, 2012

He's Getting Bigger...

My little grandson is growing by leaps and bounds...He's in the 95%ile as far as height and weight. Can't wait to see him again. Those little cheeks are going to get so much smooching in December when they come for a visit!
So I went looking for a little present to make for him. I went to my absolute favorite craft store while visiting here in Elkhart, IN. The craft store is Erica's Craft and Sewing Center. They have a huge selection of wonderful sewing machines and a store packed to the rafters from ceiling to floor with yarn, fabrics, projects, counted cross-stitch, felting, wools, kids' crafts, needlework, punch needle supplies and tons more stuff. 

What I like about this store is that there are model after models displayed next to the patterns. How could you not want to buy the pattern when you see these beautiful projects made up in the store?

I saw the baby bibs and was hooked. I bought the pattern and two bibs for now...(You can buy the bibs at Babies 'R' Us) 

I also bought three little kits to make the bibs. That's another thing I love about this store. If you don't have the "eye" for finding your own fabrics, the store sells little kits of fabric pieces, notions and everything you need for the pattern. 

I fell in love with these little coin purses....
So I bought the pattern and two little kits. Not sure what I'm going to do with them once I make them, I wish I could sell them and make a little money while traveling on the road. Maybe I'll post a little "for sale" gadget on my travel blog or Facebook and see if there are any nibbles! I'd better get busy and start crafting!  Until next time.......

1 comment:

  1. I love your photos and chat-time !!! Your grandson has grown sooooooooo much..... He looks so sweet along with his Mother at the pumpkin patch......
    I would be first in line for the coin purses when they are for sale...and also the sweater ornaments ....sign me up ......just let me know how much, does not matter when.....how is your sister doing? I hope the treatments are going along okey...
    Keep having so much fun !!!!
    Just wanted to mention that the tendons and ligaments in the hands do not heal well with time if they are torn ....falls are notorious for this problem...the guard will
    help with the pain but FINE motor skills will be tough to use.... I hit a huge deer and both of my hands suffered the consequence ....I have paid my dues with hand injuries!!!!!! Just keep an eye on it..... It can't get worse, if you have to wait ....
    Well, for now, I will sign off.... Enjoy Gulf Shores.... Sally
    Pssss.. The Barbara Mandrell tour sounded unreal .....

    ReplyDelete