Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Little Bit of Everything

It's been a busy week...we are busy exploring sunny California, so knitting has kind of taken a back seat to wineries and exploring gorgeous Sonoma County. We took a drive on highway 101 and stopped at some of the Sonoma County beaches. I caught this bird sitting on top of a small field of bright orange flowers--these flowers look like red hot pokers. I've seen another variety that looks like candy corn tops on long leggy stems...the white flowers are blooming like blankets on the California coast.
I'm trying to do a better job of getting detailed photos but haven't figured out how with my little Panasonic Lumix camera.

As far as knitting, I finished one fingerless glove and am working on the second one. I had trouble with the thumb--something isn't quite right with my picked up stitches at the gusset or my increases as the thumb is "FAT" and I don't have a fat thumb! The fat is elsewhere! :-) I had taken out the stitches at least three times trying to fix it, so the last time must have been where I added too many stitches picking up, I guess. But I still like it! I have to hurry up and finish the second one as it is chilly in the evenings here in Santa Rosa, CA and I've been knitting outside for a couple of hours before it gets dusk. I need that second glove!
Got another project started....(don't all crafters have a million things going at once?) This is going to be a knitted doll...here's a photo of her. It's a book from Australia from a company called AK Traditions. They have the coolest knitted accessories for their "huggable" dolls!  Can't wait to get one done. The directions are a little funky on how to put it together, and there's an awful lot of seaming. I'm trying to figure out how to do some of it on circulars, so we'll see as we go. I'm having trouble joining colors to do the color blocked front, so I'll have to figure that out...So far I have the jumper back and two sleeves done.

Lyle, my sister, made another scarf...but she's hard on herself! She's not happy with it...I'll post a photo next week.....gosh, the time goes by so fast....it seems I just post and another week as flown by....We're very busy but very happy in seeing this beautiful country of ours....

No comments:

Post a Comment