Sunday, May 29, 2011

Frogging a LOT Lately!

Yes, I'm knitting and knitting and knitting....have I completed anything yet? Well, yes and no....got some of the doll pieces knitted, but I've knitted and frogged (knitter's lingo for rip it, rip it, rip it out) the front jumper piece about three times...arrrggh! It's a moss stitch pattern AND intarsia knitting, which means changing colors, in color blocks...and I haven't quite figured out HOW the heck to move the yarns back and forth when changing colors AND doing the knit 1, purl 1 stitch, switching to the opposite on the next row and keeping the right side looking like the right side, and the wrong side like the wrong side with the yarns moving up and staying secure while doing color changes. Trying a fourth time, and this time I think I might have figured out how you change colors while doing the moss stitch. We'll see...if I don't get the first few rows right this time, I'll put the question out on the knittingparadise.com forum and see if somebody can understand my difficulties....

We're been doing a LOT in San Francisco and in our new location near Trinidad, CA so I am not knitting as much this week. I still have hand quilting to go on the tee shirt quilt I am making for my daughter's friend back in South Bend, IN, I still have my second fingerless glove to finish trying to make it without a really fat thumb this time, AND the knitted doll....and let's see, is there anything else? Oh, yeah....I have a vest I was working on on double circulars, it's taken a back seat for now...I'm at the point where I need to start the decreases and just need some quiet time to sit down and concentrate so I don't screw that up!

Here's our pile of things to do, or at least to sit down, read, and check out to see if there are things we want to do. We always stop at a welcome center and get the lowdown for the area...it's fun reading the brochures and sorting through the hokey tourist traps. Even though we are becoming seasoned travelers, we still fall for some of them. For example, the drive thru redwood tree that cost us 5.00 for about ten seconds of silliness. But it was fun, anyway.....

My sister, Lyle, is still weaving...here's a brown scarf she made...she's kind of like me, a perfectionist, and she is not a happy camper with this brown scarf at the moment.  Sometimes it's hard to get good photos of what you make, but she says it's too drab and needs livening up! She's got some more things going so can't wait to see what they are!
My goal this week is to get the doll done...there! I've said it, now I've got to do it! HA! We'll see if it happens.....I AM working on my second fingerless glove, it's almost done! There's hope for me yet, the eternal procrastinator!

No comments:

Post a Comment