Monday, April 9, 2012

One Down, One Left to Go...

We were really busy with Eldy's grandkids this week, visiting from Indiana. I didn't get much done in the way of crafts. We're having WAY too much fun at the Sun 'n' Fun RV Resort in Sarasota, FL. There is so much to do here, I haven't pulled out my crafts much this week. I ordered a bead roller kit from Amazon to speed up making my paper beads...always looking for the gadgets to make my crafting life easier. Now if I could just afford a vintage sock making machine, I'd be in 7th heaven. But they are complicated machines as Karen, of Small House, Big Backyard explains, and after she told me HOW complicated they were, I think I will be satisfied with making my socks by hand--for now! Besides that, they are expensive! The ones I looked at were over a thousand dollars!


Finished my Pagewood Farms Yukon "Maple Leaf" sock, the first one! Had to rip it out twice back to the gusset..Saw a mistake and heaven forbid, there are any mistakes in a pair of socks for me! One was pretty obvious, a crossed pair of stitches right at the heel, can't have that! So out it came....Then, I dropped a stitch about six rows down, managed to catch it and bring it back up through the loops...whew! I'm still using my favorite pattern, the Beginner Socks for Magic Loop (except I'm not using Magic Loop) by Liat Gat of Knit Freedom. This pattern uses the Fleegle Heel. I just love it--it's so easy! No wrap and turn. I know that's not a difficult heel to learn, but it's confusing to me, so I just use the Fleegle Heel and think they turn out great!
I just realized just how much I love these colors--the teals, tans, beiges, browns and blues...they are all over the motorhome! Our pillows....
The rug I picked out for the living room floor....Everything in here is tan, khaki, blues and browns.....
No wonder I was inexplicably drawn to the "mapleleaf" colors of the Pagewood Farms yarn! Now, on to finish the second sock. No family visitors coming in the near future for me to give away my socks, so I should be able to keep these for me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment