Sunday, July 29, 2012

First Digital Layout W/O Template

We are in Acadia....and there's so much to do, and the weather has been so beautiful, that we are hiking, biking and exploring...so here's a digital layout celebrating the end of one of my wonderful days  at Acadia.  My first attempt at NOT using a template! Boy, do I have a lot to learn about that! Mostly Katie Pertiet elements, brushes and stamps from Designer Digitals were used.....Katie's products are: Worth Repeating #6, Letter Box Overlays #4, Vintage Photo Frames #18, Stitched Journal Strips #3, then I used another product from a different line, ITM Moments Time Labeled, which is still Designer Digitals, I think!

I've got an overlay on top of my digital paper, I've got a few embellishments, a brush "Remembered" on top of my paper, and a frame. I kept trying to add a cluster of embellishments, but my eye kept being drawn to the embellishments and not to the beautiful sunset, so I'd take them back off. Sometimes simpler is better. I was thinking of using a black photo strip border as a frame, but then thought it might be too black. For my first effort at totally putting something together digitally without any template, I'm happy!...The sunset is at our campground at Mount Desert Narrows in Bar Harbor, Maine.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Looks like a beautiful spot - and the flying machine just adds to the photo. I've seen/heard them flying overhead at a few places I've been camped, and I always grab my camera.

    I much prefer to make up my own pages. Although I have a bunch of templates, I usually take some of their stuff off, or cover it with my own choices. I agree, though, that Katie Pertiet is one of the best. :)

    ReplyDelete