Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Crocheting With Wire and Home Interiors

My craft blog got messed up! I think somehow I went back to fix this post and ended up deleting it. So here it is, back again, with some additions. I'm working on making necklaces and earrings now to match crochet wire bracelets....4-5 strands of crocheted single crochet chain with one bead in every other stitch are braided together to make these....I didn't make this set, a lady in our RV park did...

But I love the look of these, so I am going to be working on my own colors soon.....She uses a little stronger gauge for the necklace than for a bracelet--28 gauge, and 30 gauge wire for the bracelets. I like Artistic wire which is ton-tarnish and comes in many beautiful colors. There is also Zebra Wire, from Fire Mountain Gems, which is very nice wire to use for crocheting, and it comes in a lots and lots of colors....

We've been really busy looking at houses, so I haven't had much time to craft....I miss it! But looking at houses, especially new ones with builder's models, are really fun...I love the colors and the way they decorate. One of my favorite builders is Neil Homes. The builder's wife decorates so beautifully, each and every home I have seen I could live in and not change a thing.

She favors blues and beiges and lots of things that are all about Florida like coral prints in the fabrics, framed photos of shells or birds....I just love that color combination of blues and beiges...
Next week is going to be a busy with with Eldy's family coming and two of his three grandkids so bet my crafting will still be in slow mode......Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment