Thursday, May 24, 2012

It's a Digital Life

When I stop and think about all the changes in technology in the last few years, it just boggles my mind. I've only begun to scratch the surface with digital scrapbooking, digital photos and technology we use to stay in touch with the family, like Skype. Digital storage, the "cloud"..There are so many digital things coming out on the market--apps and tech stuff, that I feel like I'm in a race to try and catch up and understand it as much as I can. I really don't want to be left behind. I want to be a life long learner and a "hip" grandma...So I read Mac Life and puzzle over half the stuff they are talking about, but I still try and understand, pay attention, and read as much as I can so the tech world doesn't leave me behind...I have a funny feeling, it already has....


Working on taking flower photos this week, and maybe I'll do a digital scrapbook layout with them...Or not, now that I see them "printed" on "paper", they don't speak to me to do a digital layout! I think I have better ones somewhere...

Today I went to Hobby Lobby, it's been a LONG time since I've been there, which is good, I always find something I think I need to have. Today I saw a really cool book called Hook, Loop & Lock--
It has the cutest accessories in it. It looks like a combination of rug hooking and crochet. I didn't buy the book as I knew I could find it more cheaply online. It's something I'm going to have to teach myself how to do, but I'd really like to make some of the projects in the book, so I'm motivated to learn. This time I'm going to do a little more research before jumping in and getting the supplies. I already have lots of fabric strips on board, just a 5.00 crochet/looper hook and some rug canvas and that's all I need to get started. I thumbed through the book and thought it didn't look too hard.  At least it doesn't require too much of a "collection" other than fabric, which I already have some on board. But of course I will need more choice of colors....and a cutting board, and a rotary cutter....and....sigh!   

No comments:

Post a Comment