Sunday, May 6, 2012

New Tools, More Fun!

Gosh, it's hot! Too hot to be outside...Time to look inside and see what interests me. I saw that there are tools for making paper beads, and being the gadget girl, I just had to try them out...They are GREAT! Got two different sizes on Amazon.com, and I'm off and running again, trying all different kinds of papers. Both sizes are from Paper Bead Girl on Amazon. One is to make 1/16" petite beads, and the other roller makes 1/8" beads. They say you can use junk mail, gift wrap, (that stuff costs too darn much!) origami paper (ditto) music pages, old books, and old letters (now THAT'S a rarity!) I'm still hand coating them one by one with ModPodge gloss finish after I've glued the ends down with Elmer's...It's time consuming, but it's soothing to make these and I really don't mind brushing each little bead. Talk about a labor of love!  I really enjoy doing it while the TV is going....

I also ordered a template that makes all different kinds of shapes of beads, too. You don't have to measure with these templates or trim an edge, although you probably would waste a little more paper cutting with the template....Oh, boy... But it's still a cheap hobby! Still haven't made any jewelry with the paper beads yet. Guess I'm just in a collecting mood! :-)

I'm into my photos this week as well....trying to take artistic food shots of food that looks so good when they serve it to you. I really, really, REALLY hate to cook, and hope sometimes that paying attention to how food is served, will do something to motivate me to try some recipes. Lord knows I have a TON of recipes that I've collected that sounded really great at the time...I need to get them out and try some! For now, I'm happy taking photos of OTHER people's cooking..  :-) Maybe it's the doily that helps make this look so delicious!
corned beef sandwich and Irish beef stew
I love the colors on this plate--simple club sandwich on rye with sweet potato fries...Wish I knew how they got the terrific crunchy coating on these. I don't even like rye bread, but the whole thing was so delicious, I ate it all! Honey mustard dressing just added to the flavor of the sweet potato fries. Or maybe that was supposed to be for the sandwich?
That scrapbook layout from last week?...It's still in the "to do" pile....just not ready to redo the whole thing yet... We have to be careful about our data on our Verizon mi-fi plan, so I've been reluctant to watch videos about Photoshop Elements. Guess I'll just do some more research on "how-to" articles instead or dig out a book I purchased a long time ago for Photoshop Elements. We're about to pick up and move again to a new RV park, I might not be able to get to much crafting this week. I always get very involved in the locale, the local brochures and information when we come to a new area, and start looking for the outdoorsy things to do. If it stays hot, then I will be really looking at my crafts again. We'll see what the week brings.....

No comments:

Post a Comment