Monday, June 11, 2012

Time to Knit Again!

It's been a really busy week or two...waiting on my new grandson to arrive. Then he came, and I fell in love with him in a heartbeat.  I've been helping my daughter by just hanging out with her and the baby's dad, helping them do laundry, reassuring them that they are doing great,  watching him--in awe of such perfection that God has blessed our family with....

He's healthy, he seems happy, and I swear he has smiled a time or two...But I guess his best times are for Grammy during the day, because at night, he's a lot more fussy when I'm not around....Or doing things like peeing on the wall and the dog at the same time during a diaper change! And Kerry even uses those Peepee Teepees, those tiny little cloth cones to cover the essentials during a diaper change!

I forgot how precious they are when they are so little...he's even precious when he cries...I love looking at him, holding him, talking to him and he's starting to open his eyes to just stare. He looks like he is thinking about his surroundings....Here he is six days old....So many memories are flooding back about taking care of my own daughters when they were babies, how exhausting and nerve wracking it is to be a new mom. I'm just so glad I can be here to help Kerry cope.....
He's so cute! I just love him to pieces! I get to be around him for about a month, and then we will be moving on in our RV heading back north...where it's cooler, MAYBE!

While staying with my daughter and her boyfriend, I've gotten back to knitting dishcloths...these are fast, easy, and not much to think about when there's a lot going on...This pattern is called "Grandma's Favorite" and it's all over the web as far as the pattern goes....I'm using a size 7 needle and Peaches and Creme 100% cotton yarn....I did another one in a peaches, rose and brown color ombre that I gave to my daughter. She said it looked like Neapolitan ice cream...which it did.....The pattern gets to about 44 stitches and then you start decreasing down. I like my dishcloths just a little bigger, so I'm going to go about another ten stitches, then decrease. Guess I'm on a roll with dishcloths now for a little while...Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a sweetie! Just adorable... and I know JUST how you feel after getting two new grandsons myself over the last few months.

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, he's just darling! How fun to have a whole month to get to know him right at the very beginning.

    I think we've all had our sons spray somewhere when changing their diapers. I've never heard of PeePee Teepees, what will they think of next? :)

    ReplyDelete