Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Busy Week

It's been a hectic last five days with the family reunion going on in Sedona, AZ...I finished the knit doll for my little cousin, Katie and she loved it! Here you can see a little better photo of the finished doll....I had to do some things around the neck...there was too big a gap between the stuffed cotton torso and the dress, so I single crocheted sort of a neckline around it to bring it closer to the head....I had a lot of fun making this doll...I think I'd like to make a couple more from the AK Traditions book, but would like to try and sell a couple if I can get the finishing details a little more worked out.....we'll see!

Kelly, my daughter, was happy with  her socks, but she wants them longer, like boot socks or knee socks! I'll have to think about that one and look for a pattern. In the meantime, I started another pair of socks for me! The yarn is just a little thicker and more wool is in it, so they will be for fall days and nights when I finish them. I would love to be a little more adventurous with how the leg part looks, like have a patterned leg, but can't seem to combine a different patterns instructions with the one I've got for the basic toe up sock and have the right number of stitches. Just need more socks experience, I guess....

Photo for this week is from the family reunion....my fiance, Eldy and my sister, Lyle....


No comments:

Post a Comment