Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Second Pair of Socks


I've been working on these this past week and for the most part am very happy with them, EXCEPT they are too loose! These were done on size 2 needles (2 circulars), so to bump down to a size 1 is going feel like microscopic to my aging eyes! I'm going to have to figure out a generic toe up sock pattern where I can change the body of the sock to fit my foot better, and still be able to turn the heel. I don't quite understand how that works when you change the pattern numbers, how that's going to affect the gusset and slipping stitches part of the heel. I've been looking, but will have to keep trying....

I've looked at "Come to Silver's Sock Class" and another gal--Liat, from Knit Freedom...she's got some great videos on knitting....I'm sure somewhere there's a sox pattern maker..ooh! I think I remember something about a "sockulator" where you put in your foot measurements and a pattern is generated. Will have to take a look at that, too. But I only know how to do toe up socks right now. If it's a DPN pattern or a Magic Loop pattern, I'm not sure I can convert it. Challenges, challenges, challenges....

My sister, Lyle, is also making necklaces...here is one of her creations this week....I'm looking forward to seeing more of these! (Hint, hint, sis!)
We'll see you next week...I'm working on knitted and crocheted flowers this coming week......

The Two Sisters........Lyle and Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment