Sunday, October 2, 2011

Mini Me

Actually, it's mini ornaments to be exact...I'm on a roll....for some reason, I  just really like these little itty-bitty knit patterns. They are relatively quick, it's not a big deal if you make a little mistake, and you don't have to worry about size! I can't wait to get my little table top pine tree up in the rig to decorate it with my little sweater, sox, and now, hats!
These are made out of leftover sock yarn. It takes about 15 yards to make one. I just love them, they are actually quite fun to do and take me about an hour for each one. The pattern shows a little Christmas-y style button towards the top of each hat. I'm not sure I'll go out and buy some little buttons for these guys, I kind of like them the way they are!

I also made another sweater this week, a little purple one...I think I'll make some more sweaters and hats, and maybe even some mini mittens. I found a pattern for those this week. Looks like I'll be knitting minis  for the next week or two until I get tired of making them. Maybe I'll go back to making myself another pair of socks, REGULAR big girl sox or working on a scarf I started. Got some other little projects in the works as well...another one is a little knitted foldable pouch/box for a little Christmas candy or a little note inside. We'll see what that looks like next week.

My sister, Lyle, apologizes for not having a creative streak lately. She's got lots of ideas, but she's working HARD at Ferncare, the free health clinic that just opened up in a new building in Ferndale, MI. That's really important work and she's putting in many, many hours for free because the people are so wonderful to work with...and it's such a wonderful cause to help those who cannot obtain medical care any place else......Even though she's not crafting at the moment, we bounce ideas off each other all the time...Some day when Eldy and I settle down more, we'll be finding a cause that's near and dear to our hearts, I'm sure. I've got my eye on Habitat for Humanity.....I love working with wood, lumber, nailing things, using tools.....I used to saw my own tole painting projects a few years back. I miss that...but for now, it's keep it simple in the RV....so little itsy bitsy teeny weeny things are right up my alley!

No comments:

Post a Comment